ASSOCIATE IN ARTS (THEATRE)
Admission to the Associate in Arts (Theatre) program does not require the prospective student to pass the UPCAT Examination.
The prospect must submit the following documents: (1) a duly accomplished application form (available here), (2) three recommendation letters, and (3) a portfolio of creative works to the department.
The DSCTA’s Associate in Arts committee evaluates all applications. Successful applicants are notified regarding the qualifying examination and the interview.
The Call for Applications usually commence in April. The qualifying examination and the interview are often held every June.
The Office of the University Registrar may require additional documents once the prospect is admitted to the program.
NOTE: Application process for Academic Year 2020-2021 has been adjusted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Application has migrated online. Please check this link for more details.
BA (THEATRE ARTS) PROGRAM
For applicants whose citizenship is Filipino, please click here.
For foreign citizens, please click here.
MA (THEATRE ARTS) PROGRAM
Admissions to the program is based on the admissions policies and regulations of the College of Arts and Letters’s Graduate Studies Office (CAL-GSO).
The basic requirements are the following:
- Letter of application stating the applicant’s purpose(s) and specific field(s) of interest (original and photocopy) addressed to the Dean of the College of Arts and Letters through channels.
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate work, if any (original and two photocopies)
- Accomplished CAL-GSO recommendation forms from two (2) former professors and/or employers (available at the CAL-GSO office)
- Two (2) copies of accomplished CAL-GSO application form, each with 2” X 2” photo
- Copy of marriage contract (if name on transcript is different from current name)
- Proof of experience in theatre production
- Entrance test or interview conducted by the graduate faculty
- Non-refundable application fee (payable to the Cashier’s Office)
- Php 100 (one hundred pesos) for Filipino citizens;
- Php 200 (two hundred pesos) for resident aliens; or US$25 for non-resident aliens
- Put all the requirements inside a long brown expandable envelope.
All applications must be sent to the GRADUATE STUDIES OFFICE, College of Arts and Letters, University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City, 1101